“Behind the Goggles” is the ultimate book for children who love to swim. Children aged 8 to 14 years who participate in squad training and swim meets, will love “Behind the Goggles”. It will never leave their bedside table and will be read over and over again.
As a swimmer, once you put your goggles on, you are ready for action. With all that hard training behind you, you know you are going to perform well. “Behind the Goggles” has been written in an easy to read language and designed with terrific cartoons, tips and swimming quotes, to help every swimmer to be the best that they can be! The information in this book will help children to train, practise and compete at a high level in swimming. The more they learn about swimming, the more they will understand what their coach is talking about and the easier it will be for them to improve.
Having said that, swimming is not just about how much you improve or how fast you swim. It is also about developing a healthy body, learning many life skills and having lots of fun with your friends. This is also covered.
Written by The Swimming Expert, Gary Barclay, “Behind the Goggles” is the culmination of 40 years experience as a swimmer and swimming coach and puts together all the key information every swimmer should know. The book has been written for an International audience, so no matter where you live in the world… if your child is involved in competitions swimming… they will love this book! All prices are in Australian dollars.
The book contains information, hints and tips on:
- The life skills you will learn from swimming.
- Why the people who support you are so important
- How swimming clubs and squads work
- The importance of training well.
- What you ‘must know’ if you want to be a competitive swimmer
- How to use the clock
- How each piece of equipment can help you improve
- Why dryland training is important
- Technique tips on the four competitive strokes, freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly.
- Everything about the individual medley.
- How to do excellent starts, turns and finishes
- What is pacing and why is it so important
- Why older swimmers shave down. It’s not why you think.
- How to prepare for a swim meet, from 3 months out
- The different types of swim meets and how you need to prepare for them differently.
- What to do on ‘race day’
- Why swimmers get disqualified
- What to eat and when around practice and competitions
Children will love the cartoons throughout the book and will learn a lot from the Gold Medal Tips and swimming quotes throughout. While there is a couple of pages at the back of the book dedicated to parents, early feedback suggests that parents will love reading the book too!!